Secretariat of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals
The Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), also known as the Bonn Convention, aims to protect terrestrial, aquatic and avian migratory species throughout their ranges. As an intergovernmental treaty under the aegis of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), CMS brings together the governments of the countries through which migratory species pass - the Range States; it lays the legal foundation to conduct conservation measures on a global scale. The legal instruments under CMS may range from legally binding Agreements to less formal Memoranda of Understanding and can be adapted to fit the requirements of each region.
Head of Organization
Executive Secretary of the United Nations Environment Programme Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (UNEP/CMS)
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2401
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2449
- 12 May 2017Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed visits the United Nations in Bonn
- 07 April 2017CMS: Filling in the Missing Link: AfriBiRds Programme to Monitor Migratory Birds
- 07 April 2017CMS: Deadline for Submission of National Reports is 24 April
- 06 April 2017Ausstellung im Auswärtigen Amt in Berlin: "Die Vereinten Nationen in Deutschland im Zeichen der Agenda 2030"
- 28 March 2017IPBES: Agriculture Is Part of the Pollinator Solution - Intensive Farming Can Harm or Help Pollination
- 17 March 2017CMS / ASCOBANS: "Press Release" Safer Seas for Harbour Porpoises, Bottlenose Dolphins and Orcas
- 10 March 201725 Years ASCOBANS: The Secretariat's History
- 07 March 2017IPBES: "Press Release" - Climate Change and Biodiversity: Opportunities and Risks
- 07 March 2017IPBES launches new video: Science and Policy for People and Nature
- 03 March 2017CMS: The 2017 World Migratory Bird Day website is now live, the registration of events is open!
- 03 March 2017CMS: Die Webseite zum Weltzugvogeltag 2017 ist online! Registrierung offen!
- 02 March 2017IPBES: "Press Invite" - 5th Session of the IPBES Plenary in Bonn, Tuesday 7 March
- 01 March 2017SDG: "Press release" - Global activists, business leaders and experts join the GFI4SD
- 22 February 201725 Years ASCOBANS: The Outreach and Education Award
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 08 February 201725 Years ASCOBANS: Disentangling the Bycatch Problem
- 27 January 201725 Years ASCOBANS: Saving the Harbour Porpoise in the Baltic Sea