Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds
AEWA is an intergovernmental treaty dedicated to the conservation of migratory waterbirds and their habitats across Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia, Greenland and the Canadian Archipelago. Migratory waterbirds covered by AEWA include cranes, storks, pelicans, flamingos, ducks, geese, waders and swans.
Developed under the framework of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (UNEP/CMS) and administered by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), AEWA brings together countries and the wider international conservation community in an effort to establish coordinated conservation and management of migratory waterbirds throughout their range.
Head of Organization
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2413
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2450
- 06 April 2017Ausstellung im Auswärtigen Amt in Berlin: "Die Vereinten Nationen in Deutschland im Zeichen der Agenda 2030"
- 28 March 2017IPBES: Agriculture Is Part of the Pollinator Solution - Intensive Farming Can Harm or Help Pollination
- 07 March 2017IPBES: "Press Release" - Climate Change and Biodiversity: Opportunities and Risks
- 07 March 2017IPBES launches new video: Science and Policy for People and Nature
- 03 March 2017CMS: The 2017 World Migratory Bird Day website is now live, the registration of events is open!
- 03 March 2017CMS: Die Webseite zum Weltzugvogeltag 2017 ist online! Registrierung offen!
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 20 October 2016EINLADUNG: UN-Gespräch 2016
- 01 July 2016AEWA Strategic Plan Revision Process Starts in Bonn – Top Priorities for Flyway Conservation Identified up to 2027
- 26 June 2016UNEP Expands Access to Vast Body of Environmental Law
- 09 May 2016Flight through the Decade - Bologna Operatic Choir’s Benefit Concert