United Nations University - Institute for Environment and Human Security
UNU-EHS, founded in December 2003, addresses the risk and vulnerability aspects of human security and the consequences of complex natural hazards and global change. UNU-EHS assumes that human security can be increased through education and appropriate adaptation measures. The research of UNU-EHS therefore aims at improving the understanding of cause-effect relationships and finding ways to reduce vulnerability for sustainable development.
Head of Organization
Director, United Nations University, Institute for Environment and Human Security
United Nations University, Institute for Environment and Human Security
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 0202
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 0299
- 12 May 2017Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed visits the United Nations in Bonn
- 12 April 2017UNU-EHS e-Newsletter 7
- 07 April 2017UNU-EHS expert co-authors UNICEF UK report on children’s rights and migration
- 06 April 2017Ausstellung im Auswärtigen Amt in Berlin: "Die Vereinten Nationen in Deutschland im Zeichen der Agenda 2030"
- 08 March 2017UNU: "Media Advisory" - UNU-EHS, BMBF and MIWF sign funding agreement and MoU
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 19 November 2016Nations Take Forward Global Climate Action at 2016 UN Climate Conference
- 18 November 2016Non-State Actors Partner with Governments to Boost Climate Action
- 31 October 2016UN Climate Talks LIVE - Stay tuned with COP22 in Marrakech!
- 20 October 2016EINLADUNG: UN-Gespräch 2016
- 17 June 2016UN welcomes European Commission Action Plan on Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
- 16 June 2016Data vital to Sendai implementation