Secretariat of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is the sole legally binding international agreement on land issues. The Convention works, with partners, to promote good land stewardship. Its 195 Parties aim to achieve land degradation neutrality (LDN) through voluntary national targets. By achieving LDN, we will secure the health and productivity of the land, mitigate the effects of drought and make people and ecosystems more resilient to climate change.
Head of Organization
Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
Convention to Combat Desertification
P.O. Box 260129
D-53153 Bonn, Germany
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2800
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2898/99
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 19 November 2016Nations Take Forward Global Climate Action at 2016 UN Climate Conference
- 18 November 2016Non-State Actors Partner with Governments to Boost Climate Action
- 04 November 2016Worldwide Green Light for Climate Action as Paris Agreement Enters into Force
- 31 October 2016UN Climate Talks LIVE - Stay tuned with COP22 in Marrakech!
- 20 October 2016EINLADUNG: UN-Gespräch 2016
- 04 October 2016Workshop: Journalismus und die SDGs - Jetzt anmelden!
- 04 October 2016Workshop: Journalism and the SDGs - Register Now!