Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of the Populations of European Bats
EUROBATS was adopted in 1991 under the patronage of UNEP/CMS. The Agreement provides for the protection of 52 species of European Bats, observes the development of bat populations and identifies important areas for bat conservation. The Secretariat has had its Secretariat in Bonn since 1996 and was incorporated into the United Nations Environment Programme UNEP in 2001. EUROBATS has 35 member states.
Head of Organization
Executive Secretary of the Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of the Populations of European Bats (UNEP/EUROBATS)
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2421
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2445
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 20 October 2016EINLADUNG: UN-Gespräch 2016
- 25 August 2016Press Release: 20th International Bats Night - Bats Make the World a Better Place for us Humans and the Biodiversity we depend on.