Secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
The roughly 500 staff of the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat in Bonn works towards the goal set out in the Framework Convention and in the Kyoto Protocol, namely to stabilize greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that will prevent dangerous human interference with the climate system. Among other things, the staff supports climate change negotiations and the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol, organizes meetings, and analyzes and reviews climate change information and data reported by Parties. The secretariat also supports governments and institutions in developing the techniques that can help increase resilience to the impacts of climate change.
Head of Organization
of the United Nations
on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
P.O. Box 260124
D-53153 Bonn, Germany
For official business and
general inquiries, email
For media and inquiries
about this website, email
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
Haus Carstanjen Office
D-53175 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 1000
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 1999
- 06 November 2017UNFCCC: COP23 in Bonn, Germany / UN-Klimakonferenz 2017 in Bonn (engl. Website)
- 12 April 2017UNFCCC: The UN Climate Change Secretariat is Seeking Partnerships for COP 23
- 11 April 2017UNFCCC: COP23 Logo Launched in Fiji - Winning Design Unveiled by Incoming COP President
- 10 April 2017UNFCCC: New Initiative Targets 2020 in Race to Tackle Dangerous Climate Change
- 09 April 2017UNFCCC: Extended Deadline to 16 April! Submit your Climate Action Project to the Momentum for Change Award 2017!
- 06 April 2017Ausstellung im Auswärtigen Amt in Berlin: "Die Vereinten Nationen in Deutschland im Zeichen der Agenda 2030"
- 31 March 2017UNFCCC: Developments in the United States, By Executive Secretary Patricia Espinosa
- 07 March 2017IPBES: "Press Release" - Climate Change and Biodiversity: Opportunities and Risks
- 07 March 2017IPBES launches new video: Science and Policy for People and Nature
- 01 March 2017SDG: "Press release" - Global activists, business leaders and experts join the GFI4SD
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Presseeinladung" 1. bis 3. März Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der Nachhaltigkeit
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for Sustainability
- 01 February 2017Ausschreibung für „Momentum for Change Awards 2017“ läuft an: Präsentieren Sie Ihre Klimalösung!
- 01 February 2017Applications for 2017 Momentum for Change Awards Now Open: Submit Your Climate Solution!
- 13 January 2017PRESS INVITE: 1 February 2017 - EU-UN media round table “The Future of Climate Policy”
- 13 January 2017PRESSEEINLADUNG: 1. Februar 2017 - EU-UN Medienstammtisch „Zukunft der Klimapolitik“
- 19 November 2016Nations Take Forward Global Climate Action at 2016 UN Climate Conference
- 18 November 2016Non-State Actors Partner with Governments to Boost Climate Action