United Nations Volunteers programme
The UNV programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Every year, about 6,500 United Nations Volunteers, including 1,000 UN Youth Volunteers, contribute to the effective delivery of the peace and development interventions of UN system partners. Additionally, more than 11,000 UN Online Volunteers contribute to peace and sustainable development over the Internet.
UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Head of Organization
United Nations Volunteers
Postfach 260 111
D-53153 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2000
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2001
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
- 20 July 2017UNV's response to the food crisisEnglish
- 01 June 2017Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the US decision to withdraw from the Paris AgreementEnglish
- 12 May 2017Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed visits the United Nations in BonnEnglish
- 28 March 2017UNDP: "Press Release" - World’s most marginalized still left behind by global development priorities: UNDP reportEnglish
- 22 March 2017UN Bonn: "Press Invite" - Presentation of the Human Development Report 2016English
- 20 February 2017SDG: "Press Invite" 1-3 March Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable DevelopmentEnglish
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for SustainabilityEnglish
- 20 January 2017The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme welcomes new Executive Coordinator, Mr. Olivier AdamEnglish
- 12 October 2016PRESS RELEASE: Partners for Sustainable Development through Volunteerism Discuss 2030English
- 05 October 2016PRESS INVITE: 10 October - Opening of IVCO Conference 2016English
- 30 September 2016IVCO2016: How can Volunteerism Help Strengthen the Resilience of Communities against Emerging Global Risks?English
- 19 September 2016IVCO2016: UNV and GIZ to host Landmark Conference on International Volunteering in Bonn - Register Now!English