Did you know
is a major determinant, estimated to account for
almost 20% of total mortality
in the WHO European Region of 53 countries.
Air pollution at current levels in European cities is responsible for a significant burden of deaths, hospital admissions and exacerbation of symptoms.
Noise can cause short- and long-term health problems,
such as for example sleep disturbance, cardiovascular effects etc.
40% of the population in EU countries is exposed to
road traffic noise
at levels exceeding 55 db(A).
20% of EU population is exposed to noise levels exceeding 65 dB(A) at daytime. More than 30% is exposed to levels exceeding 55 dB(A) at night.
Global warming can increase food- and water-borne diseases:
Heat-waves effect the health of many people, particularly the elderly.
- 02 February 2018Health, Climate and Small Island States – Editorial by UNFCCC and WHOEnglish
- 02 February 2018Gesundheit, Klima und kleine Inselstaaten – Beitrag von UNFCCC und WHODeutsch
- 15 January 2018WHO/Europe launches online course for clinicians on prescribing and using antibiotics wiselyEnglish
- 15 January 2018WHO Europa bietet Onlinekurs zum verantvortungsvollen Umgang mit Antibiotika anDeutsch
- 02 March 2017UNSSC launched its 1st explainer video that introduces 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and SDGsEnglish
- 02 March 2017UNSSC veröffentlicht Erklärvideo zur Agenda 2030 und zu den UN-NachhaltigkeitszielenDeutsch
- 16 February 2017UN Chief António Guterres Attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bonn, a hub for SustainabilityEnglish
- 16 February 2017UN-Chef António Guterres beim G20-Außenministertreffen in Bonn, einem Zentrum der NachhaltigkeitDeutsch
- 01 February 2017Ausschreibung für „Momentum for Change Awards 2017“ läuft an: Präsentieren Sie Ihre Klimalösung!Deutsch
- 24 June 2016European countries agree to build on existing systems for rapid response to Zika virus English
- 20 June 2016WHO/Europe stands with refugees on World Refugee DayEnglish
- 16 June 2016Celebrating 20 years of the Ljubljana CharterEnglish
- 10 June 2016One nurse's quest to track down TB on the eastern edge of Greenland English